Skip to main content

Quick Update

Hey fellow collectors and curious cats! Not much to report - still don't have any space to really work with so I been limited to what I been picking up. However I had a great general find at a garage sale. Got a PS2 - 2 model 1 genesis - 2 model 2 genesis- 1 model 1 Sega CD - 1 Nintendo 64...all for...$20 bucks. Tested the PS2 and cleaned it up and it works all fine and dandy...it's obvious someone had these packed away in their musty basement for years. The 64 works and I haven't had a chance to check the Genesis' yet as I had to clean an area up around my TV lol. Unfortunately the Sega CD unit is missing the front cover, so the insides are showing and are quite dirty...not sure if it works..I'm going to test it anyways because finding model 1 Sega CD units...well...lets say they aren't often found. I figure if it at least powers on, I can clean it up and take the front cover off a dead unit.

Also found a Blue Boxed re-release version of Night Trap. The lady through it in along with a bunch of Star Wars toys..not like I was going to turn that down!

I wish more people would comment - just saying..it would keep me on here more often. I apologize for being so spotty with my posts...if you have questions or need repair tips feel free to post...

That reminds me...now that I have 4 new units..if any of them have issues and need fixing..I will make video's or take snap shots and make a repair post..I've only been talking about it since my first post lol. Anyways until next time!


Update: So...I'm going to rant for a few moments here....people...bother me. Out of the lot...only the PS2 and the N64 work. I opened up the 4 Genesis consoles to be greeted by a heinously musty smell and the metal shell inside being nearly entirely consumed by rust. Obviously these people stored these systems in a damp basement prone to flooding. Why in Gods name would you store any electronics down in a place like that? That may annoy me just as much as going to the store and finding so many used games without cases...What the hell do you people do with your cases and manuals? REALLY? I want to know. In my head I imagine this... Go to store > Buy game > Go home > Open game > Throw case and manual into the fireplace > Excitedly play game.  GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Ok..now that I'm over that. I tried testing the units anyways and one turns on but gives me no screen with or without a game...the other model 1 wont even turn on. The model 2's turn on and make a horrid screeching noise and give me a blank screen. SO...what to do..I think I may store these away and if I can run across truly broken systems, maybe I can at least salvage the metal piece from inside and transfer them over. Otherwise...maybe I will do something creative with the 4 systems I have....Any ideas?

Comments

  1. Excellent analogy of loose carts! It made me laugh. Anyways, I wonder the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Collection Re-Organization

               Hey guys, so I been picking up a few new pieces to my collection. Sorry again for the lack of updates, I figured I'd have more time to fit gaming/reviews and other projects in, but I haven't. I just re-organized my game collection though and figured I'd post pics to give you guys an idea how my Genesis CIB collection is coming along. Also posted pictures of my non Genesis stuff. Enjoy!

Thy Super Famicom Hath Landed!

So I'm happy this came in the mail today and I wanted to share with everyone!  

Starting from Zero - A new adventure in game collecting

 Seasons greetings and happy new year folks. I have not maintained this blog in a long long time. Over the last several years for personal reasons and financial hardships, I stopped collecting actively and rarely enjoyed time to play the games I owned. I have sold off 98% of my entire collection to help my family in time of need. I am happy to say though, the rough seas have now turned into calm waters. We are house hunting for a home with a large enough space for an entertainment room. My four (soon to be 5) kids love playing games old and new. So I look forward to restarting this journey with them. As of now my collection consists of a few systems I held onto and even less games. Current consoles in my collection :  Green Halo Edition XBOX  XBOX Series X Sega Saturn Sega Dreamcast Sega Genesis Sega 32x Nintendo Gamecube Nintendo Wii (modded) Nintendo Wii U Nintendo Switch Nintendo Gameboy Nintendo Gameboy Color - Purple Nintendo New 3DS XL (Monster Hunter ver.) PSOne PS2 (JP) PS3 PS4